TEACHER'S SOCIAL SUPPORT AS A PREDICTOR MOTIVATION OF STUDENT ACHIEVEMENTS

Yenssy Marvilen Fanggidae, Markus Dimu Radja

Abstract


The aim that will be achieved in this research is to investigate the influence of teachers' social support to the motivation of the achievement of class XI students the language department in SMA Negeri 5 Kupang City. The research method used is quantitative, with a simple linear regression data analysis technique. The number of respondents involved in this study was as much as 35 students, and the sampling techniques used were random sampling. The results showed that the teacher's social support contributed positively and significantly to the motivation of the achievement of class XI students the language department in SMA Negeri 5 Kupang City. (Sig. 0.000 < 0.05). While the contributions of effective teachers ' social support variables the teachers to the motivation of achievement of 58.8%, and the remaining 41.2% are influenced by other variables that are not included in this research model. The results of this research proved that the increasing teachers' social support, the increase also the motivation of achievement of students


Keywords


Teacher's social support, motivation of achievement, regression, predictor

References


Arikunto, S. (2010). Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Pendekatan Praktik. Jakarta: PT Rineka.

Dianto, M., Gistituati, N., & Mudjsiran (2015). Kontribusi Dukungan Sosial dan Konsep Diri Terhadap Motivasi Berprestasi Siswa di SMP Negeri Kecamatan Batang Kapas Pesisir Selatan, Konselor, Volume 4, Number 1, 19-25.

Dami, Z.A. (2012). Hubungan Antara Kepuasan Kerja dan Etos Kerjadengan Kinerja Guru SMA Methodist 1 Palembang. Jurnal Cakrawala, Tahun II, No. 3, 198-225.

Dami, Z.A., & Parikaes, P. (2018). Regulasi Diri Dalam Belajar Sebagai Konsekuen. Ciencias: Jurnal Penelitian dan Pengembangan Pendidikan, 1(1), 82-95.

Dami, Z. A., & Curniati, S. (2018). Pola Asuh Autoritatif dan Jenis Kelamin sebagai Prediktor Big Five Personality Factors: Implikasinya Bagi Pelayanan Bimbingan dan Konseling. Jurnal Kajian Bimbingan dan Konseling, 3(4), 182–196. https://doi.org/10.17977/um001v3i42018p182

Dami, Z. A. (2018). Kematangan Karir dan Konsep Diri Sebagai Prediktor Motivasi Berprestasi. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Konvensi BK ke-XX & Kongres ABKIN ke-XIII, Pekanbaru, 119-132.

Dinie, R. D. (2006). “Motivasi Berprestasi Ditinjau dari Dukungan Sosial dan Tingkat Pendidikan Orangtua Pada Siswa RSBI SMA Negeri Kajen Kabupaten Pekalongan”. Jurnal. Universitas Diponegoro.

Gottlieb, B.H. (2012). Social Support Strategies: Guidelines for Mental Health Practice, London: Sage Publications.

Handoko, M. (2003). Motivasi Daya Penggerak Tingkah Laku. Yogyakarta: Kanisius.

Ivancevich, J. M., Konopaske, R., & Matteson, M.T. (2016). Perilaku dan Manajemen Organisasi Jilid I. Jakarta: Erlangga.

Imran, A. (2010). Kajian Statistika, Perspektif Kritik Holistik. Surakarta: UNS Press.

Kusuma, T.A., Tjalla, A., & Setyowati, W. (2015). Hubungan Antara Dukungan Sosial dan Motivasi Berprestasi Siswa Kelas VII di Madrasah Tsanawiyah Negeri 8 Jakarta Barat. Insight: Jurnal Bimbingan dan Konseling, 4(1), 1-6. https://doi.org/10.21009/INSIGHT.041.17

Luthans, F. (2012). Perilaku Organisasi (edisi 10). Yogyakarta: Andi.

Malecki, C.K. (2012). The Relationship Between Perceived Social Support and Maladjusment for Students at Risk. Psychologi in the schools, 9(3). Willey Periodicals, Inc.

Metheny, J., McWhirter, E. H., & O'Neil, M. E. (2014). Measuring perceived teacher support and its influence on adolescent career development. Journal of Career Assessment, 16, 218-237.

McClelland, C. D. (2010). The Achieving Society. New York: Martini Publishing.

Mindo R.R. (2015). Hubungan Antara Dukungan Sosial Orang Tua Pada Anak Usia Sekolah Dasar. Jakarta : Universitas Gunadarma.

Pramana, A.A.G, K., & Wilani, N.M.A. (2018). Hubungan Dukungan Sosial Dengan Motivasi Belajar Siswa di SMA Negeri Bali Mandara. Jurnal Psikologi Udayana, 5(1), 189-196.

Sardiman, A.M. (2012). Interaksi & Motivasi Belajar Mengajar. Jakarta : Rajawali Pers.

Sarafino, E. P. (2014). Health Psychology: Biopsychosocial Interaction Second Edition. Canada: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

Smet. (1994). Psikologi Kesehatan. Jakarta: Grasindo.

Taylor, S. E. (2012). Health Psychology. 8th. ed. New York: McGraw- Hill Companies, Inc.

Walgito, B. (2002). Pengantar Psikologi Umum. Yogyakarta: Andi Offset.




DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.33578/pjr.v4i1.7911

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2020 JURNAL PAJAR (Pendidikan dan Pengajaran)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Jurnal PAJAR (Pendidikan dan Pengajaran) published by
 Laboratoruium Program Studi Pendidikan Guru Sekolah Dasar Universitas Riau
Website:  https://pajar.ejournal.unri.ac.id/ 
Email: pajarjournal@unri.ac.id | jurnalpajar@gmail.com